Monday, July 26, 2010
The Versatile Blogger
I was thrilled the other day when I was reading the "MigrainePuppet" and saw that she had nominated me for this blogger award! How exciting! I am so new to this world of blogging, I wasn't sure if people were really even reading my posts (other than the few comments I've received). I started writing this kind of as a therapy to me, after being inspired by reading other blogs. I was amazed how many people suffered from migraines and other chronic illnesses and wrote about it. It's very comforting to know you're not alone. I was a little skeptical of having other people read my thoughts and learning such personal things about me...but I'm over that!
So I guess there are rules to follow once one receives this lovely honor...so here goes...
Rule #1: Thank the person who gave you your award.
To my new blogger/migraine pal, the MigrainePuppet, I thank you very much for this award. I will try my hardest to come up with new and versatile things to blog about! So keep reading! =)
Rule #2: Share seven things about yourself:
1. I have been a labor & delivery nurse for 4 years. I recently completed the task of obtaining my RNC, which is a specific certification in obstertrics. I am cross trained in labor, "catching babies", NICU holding, and scrubbing in on cesarean sections. I am also part of our Perinatal Loss Program.
2. I have 3 siblings. An identical twin sister, a younger sister and a younger brother. My mother and all of us girls are RN's. My twin sister even works on the same unit as I do!
3. I danced for most of my childhood (tap, jazz and ballet).
4. I wish I could sing! I sing in the car....but I can't carry a tune to save my life!
5. I am totally in love with my dogs! They are both Maltese. Milo (male) is a year and Maisy (girl) is 10 mths.
6. I am obsessed with Chelsea Handler! I love her show, her books and I follow her on Twitter. I even refer to her by her first name. She's my "girl crush" I guess.
7. I am like the paparazzi. I take pictures ALL the time. My boys and Jesse get SO annoyed with me!
Rule #3: Pass the award on to bloggers you think are fantastic:
There are sooo many more I love and read, but those are a few of my favs!
Rule #4: Contact the bloggers to let them know they've been nominated.
Posted by Jessica at 12:50 PM