Friday, July 23, 2010

Post RFL

All I can say is, one step forward....and two steps back!  (or is it the other way around?)  I am now 3 days post RFL.  Obviously, if you have read my previous post, that first night was HELL.  Yesterday was much, much better!  I had alot of soreness in my neck, as to be expected, but no real head pain.  I stayed in bed most of the day, took my pain medications, and again, surrounded my head and neck frequently in ice packs.  This procedure has produced some strange sensations.  Although, strange sensations is something I am used to.  I am always having some limb go numb or have "pins & needles."  But I no longer have any feeling from the middle of my neck down to the middle of my back.  It's gonna take time to get used to.  I can feel if I have an itch, but can't really feel myself scratching it.  Although deep pressure (like massage), I can feel.  I also feel as if my skin is "crawling."  Bizarre I tell ya. 

So this morning I woke with a strong pounding in my head.  Not so good. =(  It feels full of pressure.  I can't bend or move a certain way or if feels as if my eyes are going to pop out of my eye sockets and the top of my head is going to explode.  This is something that I have experienced frequently over the past 7 years, so I am used to it.  Guess the RFL did nothing to cure that aspect.  I have to be patient though.  It takes 4-6 weeks to get the full benefits of the procedure.  But, as I mentioned to Dr. B. in the first place, I don't see how this procedure will improve my vascular migraines, nor this other pounding headache like I have right now.  But, he tells me one step at a time.  Unfortunately, I am a complicated case (as I've been told by many), that we have to try and "fix" one problem at a time.  So, first the nerve pain, then the others.  Oh and I have so many "others"......

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Jess, my heart hurts for you. You are so very precious & I love ya bunches. I am praying fervently for you. Please know I am here !
Lynn P.

Jessica said...

Lynnie, I know I can always count on you! Thanks for your neverending support!

Meg said...

oh dear, feel better! this sounds terrible :(