Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl XLV

Feelin' so fly like a Cheesehead!
  Last night Jesse and I went to his parents house to watch the big game.  Naturally, being from Wisconsin, they are all die-hard Packers fans.  And that is NO exaggeration!  By default...I have also come to love the Packers over the last 3.5 years.  Hell...I'd be kicked out of the family if I didn't!  Haha!  Same goes for the University of Wisconsin Badgers.  Jesse flew up to WI three times this season....twice to see the Badgers play at Camp Randall (one time I also went along) and once to see the Packers play at Lambeau Field. 

Anyhow....yesterday morning I woke up feeling fairly well.  As always, I am super sore and tremendously stiff...but after a cup of coffee, taking my time getting out of bed and popping some pain medication...I was raring to go.  I don't know what came over I have had very little motivation and "get up and go" these days.  I ended up completely re-organizing my apartment and now have an enormous pile of stuff to take to Goodwill and to sell on E-bay.  I'm sorry... But I just cannot justify giving away some of my designer bags and certain jewelry for free.  However...I am on a mission to simplify my life. I hardly ever wear jewelry anymore, other than a ring that Jesse bought for me on our first Valentine's Day and a diamond ring handed down to me from my grandmother from when she was my age, and my lovely CZ studs in my ears.  Guess my lack of jewlery wearing and bag toting has to do with the fact that I no longer have much of a life.  My days consist of wearing blue scrubs 3 days a week...and pj's, yoga pants and tee's mostly every other day.

So after my rampage of going through the apartment like the tazmanian devil, the boys went with their dad to an enormously elaborate Superbowl party at their aunt's bazillion dollar mansion...and Jesse and I headed off fhis parents.

I kind of went between paying attention to the game, taking more medication, and playing on my ipad.  I had only a few sips of Jesse's beers throughout the night.  Well approximately one hour before the game was over...I had had enough!  I think I pushed myself too hard without a break during the day...and all the hooting and hollering over the game didn't help.  My head felt as if it was on the verge of exploding.  I cried the entire way I was also stuck driving Jesse's truck because he was a tad bit intoxicated.

I came home, medicated yet again, packed my noggin in ice and passed out til 10 o'clock this morning.

I had my brain MRI this afternoon.  Sedated myself as I am very it went pretty well...and quick.  Think I dozed off here and there.  The tech said nothing really "jumped out" at him and he allowed me to review the pictures.  They always do that for me as kind of a "professional courtesy."  However...I don't really know what I am looking at on an MRI...but I saw nothing that would look like a lesion and certainly no tumors.  Obviously that's fantastic...I still always secretly wish they'd find something benign they could just remove and make my pain go away though.

All in all a decent weekend...and I am THRILLED for my sweetie that his Packers won the Superbowl and he can be proud of his new man crush...Aaron Rodgers!  He even referred to Clay Matthews as a stud last night!  Haha!

The Winning Moment



WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

It's disappointing on the MRI because you want to find something, but then again finding something in your brain is not really good news either. Sounds like you had a great super bowl!! I'm a Packer fan too!!!

Della said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good Super Bowl party! Sorry about your MRI, but no news is good news?

Jessica said...

I haven't gotten any results from the MRI as of yet. But, yes, I am assuming no news is good news!