Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More Contraptions

Here are some more contraptions I have added to my "Arsenal of Weapons."

Weapons against head pain.

In the back there is the Homedics Shiatsu Massage Pillow with heat.  Actually this is behind my back right now as I type this.  However, it does hurt a little.  The massaging motion can be a little strong and well, the knobs that rotate in a circular motion are hard as a rock. 

To the right is my new cervical traction device.  Probably my most desperate, pathetic purchase to date.  Jesse laughs hysterically when I put it on as I look like something straight out of Star Wars.  Problem is, I have a long neck to begin with, so I need to inflate it all the way to get any traction...then I panic that it is going to pop in my face!  It kind of feels good on though...I like the stretching feeling.  It's a hurts so good kinda thing.

Then there is my pink Brookstone neck massager that I bought in WI.  I have mentioned it a few times...but now you can all see it.  I like to lay on it at the base of my skull...I imagine the tingling sensation is what the ONS might feel like.  I hope it is!  Only problem is...the vibration make my teeth chatter!  Haha.

And last but not least is a new ice bag that I just ordered.  I figured since my ice packs are basically a permanant fixture on top of my head...I might as well get a cute one.  So...ta ta ugly blue rubber ice bag!

4 comments:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

I have several ice packs my self - ugly blue rubber ones, disposable plastic lined paper ones, ones with cute fabric on them, and a few of those cute freezable ones that you put in children's lunch bag that look like monkey heads.

I am envious of the shiatsu massager with heat!!!

The occipital stimulators kinda feel like you have your finger in a light socket, but in a good way! No teeth chattering! :)

Jessica said...

I've tried tons of different ice packs...but the bags you fill with ice cubes are my favorite. And as I said, since I constantly have ice on my head...I wanted a cuter bag! =)

Gal Pal has tons of adorable ones...but they're small!

I cannot wait for the stimulator trial...as scared as I am...I feel like maybe it'll help!

S.I.F. said...

We might need a picture of you utilizing that traction device thing! ;)

Jessica said...

Hahaha....you got it!