Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Must-Haves

I am writing this post for the next blog carnival hosted by The Queen of Optimism.  The topic is Must-Have List:  Supplies, Tools, and Lifestyle Adjustments that Empower Me.

So...here are a few of my favorite things...(Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...)

1.  First and foremost...Brendan & Zachary.  My sons are my absolute world.  I literally am unable to put my feelings for them into words.  My heart bursts with so much love and pride over these little boys.  They make my life worth living and put a smile on my face everyday.  Unfortunately they also make me want to pull my hair out sometimes too...but I take the good with the bad!  Haha.

2.  Jesse.  The most amazing person to ever come into my life.  Without him...I don't think I could survive. He is always there to pick me up when I am down, give me a pep talk and encourages me to keep fighting.  He supports every decision I make 100% (or almost), he is my best friend, my lover and great with my children.  He really is my rock.

3.  Ice.  Ice has become a constant companion of mine.  I love the numbing feeling my ice packs leave me with.

4.  Uggs.  Or as Jesse calls them...Uglies!  I wear them outdoors...I wear them as slippers around the house...I wear them with jeans, skirts, & pj's.  I live in them.  My feet are always tremendously cold and the soft, cozy sheepskin keeps them quite toasty.

5.  Milo & Maisy.  My white, fluffy fur babies who are always there to snuggle with me.

6.  Starbucks.  Gotta have one cup of caffeine every morning to assist with putting some pep into my step and help ward off severe headache pain.

7.  Estee Lauder Doublewear Concealer in light medium.  A must have for under my eyes!!!  There will be days when I put nothing on but a little of that to cover up my dark circles.

8.  Glasses.  I am legally blind without my prescription lenses.  I usually wear my contacts because I cannot go without sunglasses to block out the sun and light.  I recently purchased transition lenses for my glasses...but they don't get near dark enough. 

9.  Laptop.  It's my connection to the outside world, medical info...and to all of my new friends here on blogger!

10.  Moisturizer.  I am SOOO dry!  I think alot of that has to do with my recent UCTD diagnosis.  My face tends to feel like sandpaper.  My legs peel and itch like crazy!  Right now I am using Bioelements Absolute Moisture on my face, and Victoria's Secret Drenched In PINK "warm & cozy" body lotion...(vanilla scent is all I can handle).

11.  Ponytail holder.  Never go anywhere without one!  My hair is long...so no matter how much time it takes me to blow-dry and flat-iron it...it almost always ends up in a ponytail.  I can't stand it in my face!

Well...I am quite sure I have way more must-haves, but I will spare you all.  These are prob my top ones...along with my medication.

I look forward to reading everyone else's lists! <3


Silliness With My Boys




2 comments:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

what a cute picture of you and your boys. A great list!

mommom said...

I LOVE THIS PICTURE OF YOU AND YOUR PRECIOUS BOYS.