Monday, July 25, 2011

I'm Baaack

So here I am...back to reality. 

Jesse, Brendan, Zachary and I spent the last week in Orlando.  While it wasn't the spectacular, exotic location I was originally hoping to go to...it was still a vacation.

A vacation away from work, house cleaning, bill paying, pain...(or so I hoped).

We started off last Saturday by going to my sister's new house in St. Pete Beach.  We had some drinks, ate too much food, mingled with friends and kayaked off the beach in her backyard. 

We made our way to Orlando that night around 8pm.  The next couple of days were spent by the resort pool, drinking cocktails, going out to eat and shopping.

Monday night we walked through City Walk and saw The Blue Man Group.  The acoustics were phenomenal, but parts of the show were a bit odd.  Even for me...and I have a very open mind.

The most shocking part of the show, however, was when they mentioned ME!  Me and "My Headache".

According to the folks at Blue Man Group...I need to use some guided imagery to cure my aching head.  Imagine my head as a field...and my headache as a cow...NOW KILL THE COW!

Yup...that's what they said.  I still have no clue how they knew any personal information about me.  Maybe this blog?  If so..."Hi guys from Blue Man Group"!

Anyways...I'd love to "kill the cow"!  But will someone please tell me how?

While we did plan on visiting some theme parks in Orlando...we opted not to.  We decided waiting in hot, long lines in the middle of July was not our idea of vacation. 

We walked through Downtown Disney, ate at Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex Cafe and went through all the touristy shops.  My favs being Basin, where I bought a massage bar and Almond Sugar Scrub and The Tea & Spice Exchange where I bought some loose tea and salt.  One can never have too much salt!  Or butter for that matter!

A new store at Downtown Disney is Little Miss Matched.  So sad I do not have a little girl!  But I did purchase some cute socks for myself that will go perfectly with my pastel scrubs!  Or maybe not so perfectly...as they are "mismatched".

Thursday we went to Seaworld's water park, Aquatica.  Jesse's parents, nephew, my sister and her family all came up and joined us.  It was a great day. We were all fried in every sense of the word later that night!  Burnt and utterly exhausted!  But it was a blast and well worth it.

So my vacation was overall relaxing.  I was thrilled to be able to spend uninterrupted time with my boys, eat lots of yummy food, indulge in one too many mixed drinks and haul in a ridiculous amount of new loot from my shopping binges.

Now it is back to reality.  Back to working 12+ hour days.  Back to paying bills and being broke.  Back to babying my throbbing head and searching for relief that I know will never come.

Does everyone else out there get the post-vacation blues?  Because I definately have them!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Jessica, I'm so glad to hear that you had a great vacation! I wish you didn't have to be "back to reality," but I'm glad that you had a chance to relax and spend time with the ones you love. I hope you get eased back into work with as little pain as possible. :-)

Barbara said...

I love that Basin store in Downtown Disney. I could spend an hour in there trying all of the stuff. Glad you had a nice vacation. :)

Della said...

Glad you had fun, but I'm glad you are back, too! Missed you.

My daughter bought some awesome soaps for me at the Basin store. I've already used them up, and need more. I'll have to pick some up when we go to the Food & Wine Festival. No wine for me, but looking forward to the food :)

Universal is so fun! I haven't been for a few years, I'm just afraid the rides will throw something out.

I haven't really had post vacation blues since we moved back here. I know my vacation spots are just an hour or two away :) But in Idaho, most definitely! I hated going back home to the mountains.

MOMMOM said...

I AM SO HAPPY YOU HAD A WONDERFUL VACATION WITH THE THREE LOVES OF YOUR LIFE.YOUR PICTURES ARE ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. YOU CAN KILL THE COW BY IMAGINING SERINE SURROUNDINGS AND BEAUTIFUL SUN FLOWERS AND TRY TO KEEP THE IMAGES IN YOUR MIND. I JUST LOVED YOUR BLOG AND YOUR BEAUTIFUL PICTURES. YOU ARE A MOVIE STAR!!!

Jessica said...

If only getting rid of my head pain was as simple as imagining serene surroundings and images of sunflowers!

Unfortunately, it's not that easy!

It's not really coming home that saddens me...it's going back to hellacious work days that kill me!

Della...we are going to the Food and Wine Festival too!!!

S.I.F. said...

I ALWAYS get the post vacation blues. Without fail. I am loving that picture of you though! Beautiful!

Photos By Mamie said...

Love your picture! So cool thatthe blue man group mentioned you.
I always get the post vacation blues. Even worse this year b/c Katie starts school this year so no more spring and fall weeks at the beach.

Jessica said...

I still have no clue how they knew anything about me or my head! Crazy!