Thursday, September 30, 2010

Love-Hate Relationship...

...that's what I have with massage.

A Love-Hate Relationship.

I finally went today for a massage after a couple of months off.  Ok...it hurt.  Like...really hurt.  But it was like a "hurt so good" hurt.  Although, I must admit, at times, it was truly agonizing.  It just made me realize how tight my muscles really were.  So...I plan on torturing myself lots more.  I set up appointments for every 2 weeks.  I am back to trying the more holistic approach.  I always go back and forth...back and forth.  Western medicine...Eastern medicine.  Just searching for anything that works.  I think my next step is a Chiropracter...again.  My massage therapist said my jaw is completely misaligned.  Which I already knew and have ignored that fact.  But maybe some kind of jaw adjustment will help. 

Right now I am in the "honeymoon" phase with my new neurologist.  Maybe what we are doing will last this time.  I am pessimistic though.  Nothing ever lasts.  But you know when you first go to a new dr. and the  treatment seems to work for awhile?  That's the honeymoon phase.  What I seem to be in right now.

I have had a few headache free days over the past couple weeks.  Usually the pain is pretty unrelenting, so this is good.

Unfortunately my intense "body work" this afternoon sparked a lovely headache and some nausea.  All those toxins being released and spread throughout my body is making me not feel so well.  But...in the long run, I think it will be worth it!

2 comments:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Good luck! I work with a guy who cured his migraines with a jaw realignment for TMJ....

Migrainista said...

Here;s to a long happy marriage beyond the honeymoon.